Student Travel Awards
This year, we will select a limited number of travel awards to support undergraduate and graduate students (excluding postdocs) who wish to participate in IEEE BSN 2023. The travel awards are specially intended for students lacking funds to attend the conference or from under-represented groups. We anticipate waiving the registration cost for oral presenters (worth of $550) and providing discounts (worth of $275) to poster and demo presenters. Please note that this travel awards will not cover any other travel-related expenses, such as airplane or hotel fees. Recipients of these awards will also receive a certificate of recognition. Priority consideration will be given to students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The first author of an accepted paper or abstract who will present the work.
- First-time attendee to BSN.
- Students from under-represented groups, including but not limited to females, African Americans, Hispanics, and individuals from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Only students (excluding postdocs) from either US or international institutions will be eligible for this travel support. All award recipients are required to participate in the entirety of the three-day main conference.
To apply, please submit the following two documents combined into a single PDF file via email to the Educational Activity Chair of BSN’23, Prof. Kunal Mankodiya, at email@example.com. An email confirmation of receipt will be sent no later than 72 hours after email submissions.
- Completed application form, which can be found on the next page.
- A letter from the faculty advisor(s) of the student applicant regarding how the fund will help the students’ research endeavors. The advisor’s letter supporting an application should also clarify the commitment to covering the cost of travel in excess of the travel award.
The deadline for the submission of applications is September 11, 2023.
The application form can be downloaded here [Download].
Please direct any inquiries to the Educational Activity Chair.